Debree falling into the air blower (Loud Noise When Blower is on)

Ofer Zur

Reactions
Recently my GLB started to make a very loud noise when the fan/blower started working.

Took the car to the MBENZ shop and the mechanic informed me that I have mice/rats living under neath the hood and they got acorns into my blower. The shop said that most likely the mice chewed through some pipes and by doing so they reached the blower.

I definitely could see the mice dropping on top of the engine however how in the world can the nice get to the blower? They wanted to charge me $300 for getting the acorns out of the blower but the manager agreed to make a one time to exception for me.

Well two weeks have gone by and here we go again the same noise!

I took it upon myself and took the blower out. Very easy took me 5 min 5 screws. Sure enough Acrons inside the blower again. See picture!

What the heck? I have been living at the same house 23 years and never had an issue like this before!

Can someone think how large size acorns can make it into the blower?

Is this a bad design by Mercedes?

Would love your opinion!
5EE32D7F-2911-4542-BE17-D4174AC64B59.jpeg 037FA932-DBE2-4B3D-A7F8-999F899E6C00.jpeg

Reactions
I’ve bought a GLB 250 in Spain. 2 months old. Exactly the same airplane like noise from the blower. Cleared the obvious leaves from around the air intake under the windscreen but the majority of the noise still persisted. I’ve now taken it to the dealer who are charging me £87 to sort it even though I’ve paid extra for an all inclusive ‘we’ll fix any fault for free service’.
Clearly a design fault.

Reactions
Update: it was a large leaf. Problem fixed for now. However it could so easily happen again as the air intake for the blower is directly beneath the windscreen where leaves will naturally accumulate.

Maya J

Reactions
Recently my GLB started to make a very loud noise when the fan/blower started working.

Took the car to the MBENZ shop and the mechanic informed me that I have mice/rats living under neath the hood and they got acorns into my blower. The shop said that most likely the mice chewed through some pipes and by doing so they reached the blower.

I definitely could see the mice dropping on top of the engine however how in the world can the nice get to the blower? They wanted to charge me $300 for getting the acorns out of the blower but the manager agreed to make a one time to exception for me.

I took it upon myself and took the blower out. Very easy took me 5 min 5 screws. Sure enough Acrons inside the blower again. See picture!

What the heck? I have been living at the same house 23 years and never had an issue like this before!

Would love your opinion!
View attachment 112 View attachment 113
Hi Ofer, could you please post or send a video of you doing this? I’ve searched everywhere and they are charging me 150$ to remove the leaves and no guarantee that it won’t happen again. I just purchased the car two weeks ago. Please

Rajiv

Reactions

Would love your

Rajiv

Reactions
Hi Ofer,
I have same noise coming from vents. If I turn off blowers then it goes away. I'm based in UK and I got right hand driving car. Could you please let me know where this blower mechanism located? If you could send me picture of the location and how to take it out, would be really appreciated. Thanks, Rajiv